Monday, October 4, 2010

The Magical World of J. R. R. Tolkien


Tolkien's Middle Earth

Elven Language

         J.R.R. Tolkien had made a whole new world with his deeply treasured stories "The Hobbit" and the "Lord of the Rings" Trilogy.  He has created new languages like the elven language, spoken by the elves and others in his "Middle Earth".  He came up with the symbols that are the letters for the words, and then the pronunciation, it is really something.  He created timelines for the stories going really far back in the Middle Earth history, with events all along the way.  He created family trees, going far back as well.  With all that he put into the stories it is hard to believe that this really didn't happen.  He describes everything with such detail that he really makes it easy to believe.  I have studied his work for awhile and every time I go back to look at it again, I find more pieces of the history of Middle Earth and I am always blown away by the dept of his "world".  I have to remind my self all the time that this really didn't happen, even though with him as the creator it's like it really did!  In my mind J.R.R Tolkien is the most imaginative/creative person in the world, and deserves tons of praise for his work. 
                 P.S. Peter Jackson did a fantastic job bringing Tolkien's world to life.  I can watch The Lord of the Rings trilogy, over and over again and never get sick of it!  Also I can't wait until The Hobbit comes out!

Rivendell

                                                                     
                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment